- Japanese Quartz Movement – The quartz movement housed in this watch gives it superior accuracy and reliability, a feature that makes it great for regular use. This type of movement doesn’t require movement or winding since it’s powered by a battery. What’s more, you get a limited number of moving parts which results in lower maintenance.
- Two-Tone Case – The Bulova 98H51 sports a rose gold/brass and silver/stainless finish. Bringing these two finishes together creates both a versatile and elegant look that will match a variety of outfits and colors.
- Crocodile Leather Band – This watch comes with a tough but elegantly textured 20mm wide band, which provides enough comfort to wear all day. it comes in men’s sizes and can be adjusted to fit nearly all wrists. There’s a simple buckle closure that secures the watch in place.
- 37mm Stainless Steel Case – The 37mm case makes the Bulova 98H51 an average size watch. It’s thin design transforms it into a nice dress watch that sports a captivating two-toned finish.
- Mineral Crystal Dial Window – The dial window of this watch is made of mineral crystal, which means you get a shatter-resistant surface that also provides some resistance to scratching, although not as much as from sapphire crystal.
Look & Feel: 4.5/5
The Bulova 98H51 dress watch is minimalistic, both in design and features. It has that traditional yet timeless look, which creates a nice simple dress watch for both casual and classic wear.
One of the strong points of this watch is the two-tone finish on the case and dial. The combination of rose gold and stainless steel gives it a more aesthetic look, something that makes the watch ideal to wear for just about any occasion. The two colors are well balanced and provide a nice contrast on the dial.
The distinctive rose gold hands and markers are easy to pick out and sit perfectly on the stainless steel dial. There’s a date window located at the 3 o’clock position. However, it’s quite small for those without sharp eyesight, but all-in-all, it serves its purpose well enough.
The Bulova 98H51 sports a round dial with an analog display. This is a nice user-friendly feature that makes it easy to read. The dial is protected by shatter-resistant mineral crystal that also provides some scratch resistance.
To many, the 37mm stainless steel case is average in size, which is perfect for a dress watch. Attached to the case is a classic leather band made of crocodile skin that adds a sharp style to the overall look of this watch. Fitted with a buckle system, the 20mm band adjusts easily to provide a snug fit on any wrist size.
Build Quality & Durability: 4/5
The build quality of Bulova Men's 98H51 is just perfect for a watch in its price range. This is a watch that gives the quality of Japanese quartz movement designed for long-term performance. The reason for not giving a higher rating is that it lacks a little bit when it comes to providing resistance against scratches.
For the features you get, the price of this watch is excellent. It’s one of the most affordable watches capable of accenting your formal wear. Personally, I would say that this watch is underpriced, and you’ll definitely want to get your hands on it if you want a dress watch but you’re short on budget.
How Does It Compare?
Bulova Men's Classic Collection Black Leather Strap Watch
This watch is a little bit larger measuring in with a 40mm stainless steel case. It’s definitely more expensive than the Bulova 98H51, though not by a large margin. The black dial and black alligator grained leather band make it ideal for those looking for a dress watch that’s versatile yet not too flashy.
Stuhrling Original Men's 601.33351
Those that prefer Swiss quartz movement might find this watch quite attractive. It has the convenience of scratch-resistant krysterna crystal, and it competes on price with the Bulova 98H51. It’s a nice dress watch that’s designed with simple lines in mind.
Bulova Men's 97B100 Gold-Tone
To some, this watch is almost a duplicate of the Bulova 98H51. However, the difference comes from the yellow gold-tone, as compared to the rose gold. Despite the slight difference, this watch costs a few dollars more. It’s a great option for those looking for a more traditional color on their dress watch.