Look & Feel
Quality & Durability
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
- Precise movement
- Classic design with leather band
- Ultra Lightweight
- Stiff strap requires breaking in
Are you looking for a classy wristwatch? Then you are in for a treat today as we are reviewing the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6.
This watch is manufactured by Frederique Constant, a Swiss luxury wristwatch maker known for accessible luxury. This is a beautiful timepiece, one that many watch enthusiasts would love to get their hands on. It features a timeless classic design with subtle elements of style which add a contemporary feel to it. The Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6 uses an analog type display and quartz crystal for extremely precise movement.
- High-Grade Stainless Steel Case – The perfectly round case sports a diameter of 37 mm which makes it decent sized for an average individual. At only 5 mm in thickness, the Frederique Constant Slimline is quite thin and justifies its inclusion in the slimline collection.
- FC-245 Movement – The watch is powered by a Frederique Constant Calibre FC-245 engine which uses a quartz crystal to produce a very precise movement. Thus saving you from the hassle of manually winding the watch now and then.
- Mineralized Sapphire crystal – Unlike some competitors, Frederique Constant uses a smooth sapphire crystal. Providing an extremely scratch resistant, tough, and clear display.
- Dial with integrated second sub-dial – The way these features are designed and styled embodies Frederique Constant’s attention to beauty and aesthetics. The diamond-textured silver dial with Roman numeral indices is a pleasure to behold. A date window is located near the 3 o’clock position while the second subdial is located near the 6 o’clock position.
- Ultralight construction – No one wants a heavy watch around their wrist especially at a formal event or occasion. This Slimline FC245M4S6 weighs in at a mere 1.8 ounces. This is quite impressive and makes this watch comfortable enough for all-day wear. It’s so light that you may not even notice it at all.
- Alligator Embossed Calfskin Band – The watch features a 21 mm wide, 7-inch long, black leather strap-type band. It is made from calfskin and is alligator embossed with topstitching and a buckle closure. This leather strap is itself a class apart and adds more elegance to the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6.
Look & Feel: 4.5/5
The Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6 is an exceptional example of a classy timepiece. If you love clean, classic elements rather than flashy and gaudy looks, then this watch is tailored for you and may prove to be an excellent dress watch for your collection.
The sapphire crystal is the first thing that draws your attention as it provides excellent clarity and an anti-glare display. Moreover, the sapphire crystal is extremely scratch resistant and tough lending to the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6's sturdy build quality.
Another feature which catches the eye is its second subdial located at 6 o’clock position. Although this lends more to the design and style aesthetics of the watch, as the subdial is quite small. But it still helps the watch stand out from rest.
A date window is located at the 3 o’clock position and the Roman numerals with minute markers on the outer ring top off that classy feel.
Being a 37 mm diameter watch, its size is ideal for the majority of wearers and allows it to work with nearly any outfit. The lightweight stainless steel case looks sharp and feels great lending to this watch's appeal.
Finally, the 7-inch leather strap allows for multiple adjustments and gives you a secure fit. This alligator-embossed, calfskin leather band with tonal topstitching and buckle closure add extra charm to the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6 watch.
Build Quality & Durability: 4.9/5
In general, when a watch is Swiss made, there are certain expectations regarding the build quality and durability. Frederique Constant does not disappoint with the Slimline FC245M4S6. Featuring flawless design elements and extreme attention to detail, the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6 shows no obvious signs of imperfection. This watch is a perfect blend of current technology and craftsmanship from Frederique Constant.
Compared to other watches with similar features, the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6 is very competitive. The elegant design, classy looks, sapphire crystal when combined with the precise movement engine produces a one of a kind timepiece. Making this watch pretty unique and comparable to more expensive watches.
How Does It Compare?
Tissot Powermatic 80 T0864071603100
If the Frederique Constant Slim Line is not for you, then you might like the Tissot Powermatic 80 T0864071603100. Although it has a slightly higher price tag, the Powermatic 80 gives you an integrated second hand with a larger (41 mm) case size.
Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S5
If you prefer a different color combination than that of the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S6, you may like the Frederique Constant Slimline FC245M4S5. With nearly identical specifications, it trades in the natural silver color of the stainless steel with gold plating and features a brown leather strap rather than a black one. One advantage is that this model comes with a slightly lower price tag.
Longines Presence Collection L47204112
If you are looking for a little smaller watch case or if you are buying for someone with a slender wrist, the Longines Presence L47204112 may be a viable choice. It sports a 33 mm case with an integrated second hand. Like the Frederique Constant Slimline, it also features a classic black and white color combination. However, it comes with a slightly higher price tag.